|Secretary||Kevin Gwatkin 03 352 6008|
|Clubhouse||03 324 2886|
|Click here to view the Google Map location|
Ladies day : Tuesday morning tee off
Mens day ; Wednesday lunchtime tee off
Club day ; Saturday lunchtime ( although some players play in the morning)
The Ellesmere Golf club is an 18 hole par 72 golf course, 3 kilometres south of Leeston township. The course has a extensive irrigation system which allows the fairways and greens to be well maintained for excellent golf all year round.
The club welcomes all affiliated golf members and fee paying golfers and members can be seen playing on the course most days of the week. Visitors will find that they are able to play on most days although there will be some restrictions on club days.
Green Fees: $20
Limited members have playing rights on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sundays during the season (March to September) and playing rights on all days for the rest of the year.
The club has a genuine country reputation for its friendliness and welcoming nature and warmly invites any prospective golfer to join. The club has members currently living in Christchurch who are more than happy to travel to Ellesmere to play. When asked why do that rather than join a town club, the answer does vary slightly but among the main reasons are:
• The members are happy to play golf with different people each week, both experienced and learner golfers and enjoy their company on the course.
• The course is always maintained with excellent greens and well cared for fairways. Even the rough is not a major obstacle for some!
• The club members are always interested in promoting their own course and are rightfully proud of the course and want to share it with others.
• There is no prior booking required to be able to play on the course. Just turn up and play.
• The course is well laid out with some interesting holes that will test both learner and beginner.
Click images to enlarge.