Eligibility for Selection
- The selection for Canterbury Representative Teams is open to New Zealand Citizens and Permanent New Zealand Residents whose handicap is administered by a member club of Canterbury Golf.
- Players must have full playing rights at their home club and have been a member for at least two months prior to the NZ Interprovincial.
- The selection for Canterbury Representative teams is open to New Zealand Citizens and Permanent New Zealand Residents whose handicap is administered by a member club of Canterbury Golf. Non New Zealand Citizens/Permanent Residents may apply in writing to Canterbury Golf Inc for dispensation to be available for selection for Canterbury representative teams. Each application will be judged on its merits taking into consideration the long term commitment to Canterbury Golf displayed by the applicant.
- Comply with the NZ Golf Anti Doping Policy.
- Comply with the Canterbury Golf Representative Code of Conduct.
The selection panel is:
- Mel Brew (Convenor of Selectors)
- Robyn Gillespie
Players’ performances will be monitored over the season, particularly during the event:
- Town v’s Country 12 August (Coringa Golf Club)
- Pollock Cup Interclub
- Canterbury Matchplay 20-22 October (Waimairi Beach Golf Club)
Also to be considered in selection:
- Results from events outside of Canterbury
- Performance displayed in previous Canterbury Representative Teams
- Suitability of the individuals game for each competitive venue
- The ability for an athlete to fit into a team environment and act cooperatively
- Desire & commitment to represent Canterbury
- The player’s attitude and conduct on and off the course
- The player’s fitness levels
- Any discipline issues
User Pays Contribution
The user pays contribution applies for the following events, NZ Women’s Interprovincial, NZ Men’s Interprovincial, NZ Women’s Masters, NZ Freyberg Masters, Girls Interprovincial and Boys Interprovincial. The user pays contribution not only plays a small part in the overall costs but is also ownership from the team members to contribute to the opportunity to compete at the national events. Players will be asked to pay the user pays subsidy for each irrespective of the tournament venue.
Code of Conduct
Canterbury Representative Players must sign a Canterbury Golf Representative Code of Conduct Agreement and return it to the Coaching and Development Manager by the specified date. In signing the agreement the player agrees to abide by the code and acknowledges that failure to do so may result in removal from the representative team.
Conditions of Selection
The selected player must be available for, and commit to, all Canterbury representative fixtures, team preparation programmes, and team meetings. Selected players who can't attend a fixture must provide adequate proof to be granted dispensation. Failure to do so may impact on future selections.