Eligibility for Selection
- The selection for Canterbury Representative teams is open to New Zealand Citizens and Permanent New Zealand Residents whose handicap is administered by a member club of Canterbury Golf.
- Players must have full playing rights at their home club and have been a member for at least two months prior to the NZ Interprovincial.
- Non New Zealand Citizens/Permanent Residents may apply in writing to Canterbury Golf Inc for dispensation to be available for selection for Canterbury representative teams. Each application will be judged on its merits taking into consideration the long term commitment to Canterbury Golf displayed by the applicant.
- Comply with the NZ Golf Anti Doping Policy.
- Comply with the Canterbury Golf Representative Code of Conduct.
The selection panel currently consists of:
- Gary Gillard (Convenor of Selectors)
- John Rademakers
- Matt McLean
Manager: Mike Taylor
Assistant Manager: Kerry Chuck
Players’ performances will be monitored over the season, particularly during the following events:
- Town v’s Country 27 August (Amberly Golf Club)
- Men’s Woodward Cup, Blank Cup and Simon Cup Interclub competitions
- Canterbury v Aorangi 17 September (Ashburton Golf Club)
- Men’s South Island Interprovincial 28-29 October (Otago venue - TBC)
Also considered in selection:
- Results from other Canterbury and NZ Golf Order of Merit events
- Performance displayed in previous Canterbury Representative Teams
- Suitability of the individual’s game for each competitive venue
- The ability for an athlete to fit into a team environment and act cooperatively
- Desire & commitment to represent Canterbury
- The player’s attitude and conduct on and off the course
- The player’s fitness levels
- Any discipline issues
Code of Conduct
Canterbury Representative Players must sign the Canterbury Golf Representative Code of Conduct Agreement and return it to the Golf Development Manager by the specified date. In signing the agreement the player agrees to abide by the code and acknowledges that failure to do so may result in removal from the representative team.
Conditions of Selection
The selected player must be available for, and commit to, all Canterbury representative fixtures, team preparation programmes, and team meetings. Selected players who can't attend a fixture must provide adequate proof to be granted dispensation. Failure to do so may impact on future selections.