Eligibility for Selection
- The selection for Canterbury Representative teams is open to New Zealand Citizens and Permanent New Zealand Residents whose handicap is administered by a member club of Canterbury Golf. Non New Zealand Citizens/Permanent Residents may apply in writing to Canterbury Golf Inc for dispensation to be available for selection for Canterbury representative teams. Each application will be judged on its merits taking into consideration the long term commitment to Canterbury Golf displayed by the applicant.
- Players must have full playing rights at their home club and have been a member for at least two months prior to the NZ Interprovincial.
- Comply with the NZ Golf Anti Doping Policy.
- Comply with the Canterbury Golf Representative Code of Conduct.
The selection panel currently consists of:
- Ian Donaldson (Convenor of Selectors)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile 027 491 0202
- Ian MacGillivray
- Davitt Lavery
- Kerry Chuck
Players’ performances will be monitored over the season with a particular focus on the following events:
- Men’s Woodward & Blank Cup Interclub competitions.
- Town v’s Country 12 August – Coringa Golf Club
- Canterbury v’s Aorangi (6 players selected) 23 September - Ashburton Golf Club
- South Island Masters Interprovincial (6 players selected) 6-7 October - Pegasus Golf Club
Also considered in selection:
- Results from other events played outside of Canterbury
- Performance displayed in previous Canterbury Representative Teams
- Suitability of the individuals game for each competitive venue
- The ability for an athlete to fit into a team environment and act cooperatively
- Desire & commitment to represent Canterbury
- The player’s attitude and conduct on and off the course
- The player’s fitness levels
- Any discipline issues
Code of Conduct
Canterbury Representative Players must sign the Canterbury Golf Representative Code of Conduct Agreement and return it to the Coaching and Development Manager by the specified date. In signing the agreement the player agrees to abide by the code and acknowledges that failure to do so may result in removal from the representative team.
Conditions of Selection
The selected player must be available for, and commit to, all Canterbury representative fixtures, team preparation programmes, and team meetings. Selected players who can't attend a fixture must provide adequate proof to be granted dispensation. Failure to do so may impact on future selections.