Eligibility for Selection
- The selection for Canterbury Representative Teams is open to New Zealand Citizens and Permanent New Zealand Residents whose handicap is administered by a member club of Canterbury Golf. Non New Zealand Citizens/Permanent Residents may apply in writing to Canterbury Golf Inc for dispensation to be available for selection for Canterbury representative teams.
- Comply with the NZ Golf Anti Doping Policy.
- Comply with the Canterbury Golf Representative Code of Conduct.
The selection panel currently consists of:
- Ian Donaldson (Convenor of Selectors)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile 027 491 0202
- Gary McAuley
- Ian MacGillivray
Players’ performances will be monitored over the season with a particular focus on the following events:
- Men’s Masters Trial (18 holes) 11 June – Christchurch Golf Club 9.30am (selected squad)
- Men’s Masters Trial (18 holes) 16 July – Clearwater Golf Club 9.30am (selected squad)
- Men’s Woodward & Blank Cup Interclub competitions.
- Town v’s Country 13 August – Pegasus Golf Club
- Men’s Masters Trial (27 holes) 17 September – Russley Golf Club 9.30am (selected squad)
(note this is the Woodward Cup reserve day, in the event this date needs to be used for a postponed round the trial game will be played on 16 September).
- Canterbury v’s Aorangi representative fixture (6 players selected)
- South Island Masters Interprovincial (6 players selected)
Also considered in selection:
- Results from other events played outside of Canterbury
- Performance displayed in previous Canterbury Representative Teams
- Suitability of the individuals game for each competitive venue
- The ability for an athlete to fit into a team environment and act cooperatively
- Desire & commitment to represent Canterbury
- The player’s attitude and conduct on and off the course
- The player’s fitness levels
- Any discipline issues
Code of Conduct
Canterbury Representative Players must sign the Canterbury Golf Representative Code of Conduct Agreement and return it to the Coaching and Development Manager by the specified date. In signing the agreement the player agrees to abide by the code and acknowledges that failure to do so may result in removal from the representative team.
Conditions of Selection
The selected player must be available for, and commit to, all Canterbury representative fixtures, team preparation programmes, and team meetings. Selected players who can't attend a fixture must provide adequate proof to be granted dispensation. Failure to do so may impact on future selections.